Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crybaby 500 mH inductor

Hi,

I am currently building a crybaby GCB-95.

The 500 mH inductor I got has 4 legs, can anyone tell me how the inducor should be placed in the circuit??

Thanks

Paddy

Wah inductor

Not knowing which circuit board you have, I am just going to refer this Wah link:.: Dunlop GCB-95 mods :.
    And this schematic
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by padnash View Post
      The 500 mH inductor I got has 4 legs, can anyone tell me how the inducor should be placed in the circuit??
      There are only two electrical contacts to an inductor. An inductor with more than two pins has either extra pins which are shorted (and therefore equivalent to) the active pins, or are not connected to anything, and which can therfore be ignored.

Get out your multimeter, set it to read ohms, and find the two legs which have something like 20-100 ohms between them. Legs with zero ohms are shorted and will not work. Likewise, legs with >1M between them are not the right ones.

When you find the ones with some resistance, but not a lot, those are the active legs. Connect them into the circuit.

Don't have a multimeter? Give up. Seriously, you can't hope to do any useful debug work when you get pedals assembled without one. They can be had for under $10 if you look.
      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
      X