Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for min bucker ring, to fit in STANDARD bucker size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for min bucker ring, to fit in STANDARD bucker size.

I have a customer who want to put a mini bucker in his neck position. The guitar is currently routed for standard humbuckers. Is anyone aware of mounting rings out there for a mini bucker that fit in standard bucker slots? Or am I going to have to waste a day of my life milling one?

bel

Would that even work? Aren't the minis longer than humbuckers and wouldn't fit his rout? I've never seen a humbucker ring for minis.
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I dont think they're longer.. if anything they are the same or shorter.

Comment

Why not put the mini bobbins in a full sized closed cover?

I make narrow aperture bass pickups like that.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Yeah that would make more sense. You would probably have to find an undrilled cover though, I bet the screw holes and spacing might be a little different. You can get unpunched covers from TV Jones, they are raw nickel silver, and polish it, then copy the holes from the mini.
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I don't remember were, but I have seen Mini HB pickup rings that have the same outer measurements that a standard HB ring.

And the minis fit in a standard HB rout. Whenever I rout for a mini under a pickugurad I use my standard HB rout template.

Edit: This is not were I found them last time but anyway:
            http://jackofroses.com/Pickup_Ring_2...r_Standard.htm
            Last edited by Peter Naglitsch; 12-21-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Hello,
              I think Jason Lollar had listed a pickup ring to fit minis inside paf routings.

Comment

eBay.com.sg: Humbucker to mini humbucker adapter pickup ring (item 300308702306 end time Jan 13, 2010 10:26:39 SGT)

Somewhat raw looking, not quite cheap, the kind of adapter you need though.
                But I think you've got access to a cnc router, why not making you own then?

Yves.
                www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Comment

Somewhat similar question:

I have a Les Paul copy with P-90s that I want to swap out for mini-humbuckers... basically turning it into a Les Paul Deluxe. I have found mini-humbuckers from Gibson, GFS, Lollar, etc... but I need the mounting rings for the P-90 slot.

Any ideas on where to search... or should I fashion the rings myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Yves View Post
                    eBay.com.sg: Humbucker to mini humbucker adapter pickup ring (item 300308702306 end time Jan 13, 2010 10:26:39 SGT)

Somewhat raw looking, not quite cheap, the kind of adapter you need though.
                    But I think you've got access to a cnc router, why not making you own then?

Yves.

Same auction on US eBay:
                    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I do them in wood, not the cheapest way but not much more than the one in the auction.

Comment

I make the full size to mini adapters and the les paul deluxe type but I have a lazer cutter in my shop to do it for me and i only sell them to my customers.

Comment

I only sell things to customers too

Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Derek makes them and I think they sell them through the Custom Shop. It might depend on what kind of metal plate you have under the P90 at the base of the route. (or IF you have a metal plate)

Comment

Working...
                            X