Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange rockerverb owners?

Anyone have a Rockerverb?

Ive got one here and it has huge / thick rca cables going to the tank. The ends are straight , gold plated , metal.

Wondering if this is factory.........or does yours have the usual 90 degree , plastic , red and black ends ?

Hello,
    I don't own one but have worked on them. There is no reason to have those Monster type macho cables for the reverb. In fact those ridiculous cable ends ususally just destroy the rca jacks on most hifi amps.

You could easily just replace them with ones that have angled ends.

what's the issue with the ones that are on there? glen

Comment

reverb doesnt work. maybe its these cables someone put in

Comment

well, ive swapped the reverb tube , plates are 360/260V , the cathodes are getting to ground , put in new rca cables , the tank looks ok inside ,

any thoughts ?

is there a basic reading i can get testing the tank ? resistance ?

with the reverb pot cranked i get a bit of hum and no verb , both channels

Comment

Looks OK doesn;t tell you anything. Pull the cords out and check each end for continuity across the jack. The resistance will either be correct or it will read open. One end might read half an ohm and hte other 200 ohms, or somethign else even. But it won;t be wrong. Open or correct are the only choices.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I think someone probably replaced the cables because the reverb quit working, and it was the easiest thing to replace.

However, I agree that it's a bad idea to use these heavy-duty cables on cheap (or do I mean "normal?") RCA jacks that can't bear the weight. So maybe it was something else: the owner replaced the cables to "upgrade" his reverb tone, and broke one of the jacks while forcing the connectors on.

Anyway, let's cut the problem in half.

Feed a signal into the reverb return jack, and see if it comes out of the speaker. Maybe just touching the centre pin of the jack would do, to feed some hum in.

Connect a speaker or headphones to the reverb send jack, and see if your guitar sound comes out of this speaker.

Also check the resistances on the reverb tank as Enzo suggests.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I should have posted I did check all wiring .

its the tank. The output is open.

Comment

Working...
              X