Hammond Output Transformers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond Output Transformers

I am working on a project and I need a multi-tap Bassman style OT.

I have 2 options:

Buy a Hammond 1760K (Bassman tube amp replacement). I can get this locally. No Shipping.

Buy a Heyboer HY018343. I would have to order this from the U.S. I'm in Canada.

I have found a lot of opinions about the Heyboer HY018343 on different forums but there is little feedback for the Hammond. Does anybody have any experience with these Hammond "Tube Amp Replacement" OT's?

I would rather get the Hammond if the quality is close to the Heyboer. Not really interested in MM.

Thanks.

Hammond OT

Hammond makes well matched OT's.
    For all the hype MMs should be called BS.

Comment

I may just go for the Hammond 1760K then. I'll save a lot in shipping.

Comment

Hammond 1760K gets my vote, too. I've had good results with their iron, and I think when people are disappointed with the sound, it's because the iron isn't "lo-fi" enough. :wink:

- Scott

Comment

Did you buy the 1760?

I too find it odd that there is so little internet feedback on the 1750/1760 series. It's always about the 1650 series, but those are not dedicated for guitar amps.

I use a 1750N (Marshall 50W) in my main amp and love it!
          I have a 1750V (AC30) "out for delivery" at the moment.

A1parts in Toronto has them for cheaper than anything else I've found.
          OT + PT + Choke for the price of the OT alone from MM, definitely worth it!

Comment

Yep. Bought the 1760K from A1Parts. Amp isn't finished yet but I will update the thread with some feedback soon.

Comment

I'm using a 1750M (multi tap version of the bassman) and am happy with it. When I fitted it there was a noticeable tone improvement over the mojo 770 (tremolux type)that it replaced.
              My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Working...
              X