No announcement yet.

Using 1r to measure plate current

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could get a little advantage from a 100 ohmer if your meter is not very accurate as it increases it 100 times I think but I'm not sure it would be enough cause for concern. The current sense resistors are great for point to point amps but are useless in PCB amps where the traces are underneath the board and I sure as hell ain't taking off a PCB just to install a plate or Cathode current sense resistor and cutting traces. The current from Cathode to plate will be identical with repect to the resolution of your meter. Now if you could go back to say .0000000001 you may see a slight movement but for the risk of slipping and zapping your ass I can't see a benefit of a plate current sense resistor unless you just like to experiment. I don't think you'll get a more accurate answer taking the reading off the plate. I've matched Cathode current sense to the shunt methode several times to no avail as they were dead on to the nearest tenth !
    KB

Comment

fwiw i use 10r cathode resistors. never had an issue with 'em.

also, slidepicker is right.. i'd rather overdissipate plates than screen grids, any day.

Comment

Working...
      X