Pickup winder controller - PCBs & PICs for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
    i have all components... this weekend i'll test the kit....

bye
    Thank you. I'd also be interested in the gaussmeter pcb if you have any left.

Mike

Comment

here's the first kit....
      the power supply is not included because its shipping cost would be more than its cost....
      i used a 24v switching power supply .....
      my driver has been designed just for the winder and it gives the 5 volt for controller too....
      this main motor can reach 400 rpm but it has enough torque to drive a 2:1 pulley transmission to have 800 rpm... and i think a 4:1 too

soon some videos and instructions and wiring scheme

bye
      Attached Files
      Last edited by -Elepro-; 10-28-2010, 11:39 AM.
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

Looks good to me. Nice big heat sinks on the driver. Let us know pricing when you get it figured out. It would be nice to get two prices, one with stepper motors and one without. I've got some spare nema 23's laying around, not sure if those would work?

Mike

Comment

I wasn't able to determine from the manual if there is an option to set lead screw pitch. For instance, if I were to use a 16 TPI leadscrew directly driven by the traverse motor. Yes, I'd rather the US go all metric like the rest of the world, but for now the easiest and cheapest route to go is to use imperial sized parts. Plus I already have the leadscrew and made some delrin A/B nuts awhile back that would be perfect for this project.

Mike

Comment

supported screw pitches are 1 - 2 and 4 mm or 20 - 10 and 5 TPI as in the table of the manual...

bye

Comment

Elepro,
              Please tell us more about this driver kit, is it 2 channels, 40V DC?, 4-5 Amps? I would like to add it to my original kit eventually so I can reduce the overall size of the former set-up. Also is there some kind of mid-band compensation?
              Can you give us some idea of the price? Are you willing to sell extra drivers for our other projects (like my lathe?)

Thanks!

Comment

it is a dual driver 24vdc 3A-phase, half step....
                it is designed for the kit so it has not any regulations (fixed current for kit motors and fixed half step mode)
                driver is based on tb6560
                datasheet of this IC doesn't say anything about "mid-band compensation" (but i think this is a gecko expression) but i don't see any strange rotor vibrations at slow speed..... (and that would be a problem just when you have not a load on the rotor.... )
                i don't sell the driver out of the kit...

the entire kit costs 350 euro

this first kit has been sold

bye

Comment

complete wiring

bye
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Elepro, can you sell the kit without the two stepper motors? Assuming they would work with your driver, I already have two motors.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

David,
                      What voltage is listed on your steppers? I think they need to be 1-3V to get the speed up.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        Hi Elepro, can you sell the kit without the two stepper motors? Assuming they would work with your driver, I already have two motors.
                        Im interested in this as well . Theres always a bunch on ebay for cheap
                        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                          Im interested in this as well . Theres always a bunch on ebay for cheap
                          yes but your saving become work for me because i have to write tens of email to help you in motor choice then i have to arrange a schematic for motor that you buy.... and after all, if motors doesn't work well would be a my problem...

excuse me but i can't.... the cost of kit is very reasonable for me

we are talking about a complete kit for the electronics of a CNC winder.... otherwise you can buy a TANAC for just 6000€

thanks bye
                          Last edited by -Elepro-; 11-07-2010, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I commend your work, very nice. I would be interested in the kit as well and the price of a 150 euro is very reasonable however I feel the lack of options might limit your sales just a bit. For instance one posted said he had steppers but I completely agree there are a lot of different steppers on the market bipolar/unipolar, 4 wire, 6 wire etc etc…
                            How about looking at it like this, there are 2 or 3 levels of complexity or competency if you prefer. Offer a complete assembled and tested kit for the people that do not have any skills in electronics. Then for the people with just a bit of skill offer the kit unassembled but with a fair warning, no warranty. Then offer up the bare PCBs and the hex code for the experts out there that could probably build there own but why reinvent the wheel for a few bucks.
                            For instance myself, I have built my own CNC router, I program my own Atmel/PICs and I can source parts from Digikey or mouser for that matter. I would be interested in the bare PCBs and hex files so I can finish the project myself.
                            Another idea is to let people source the steppers on their own, give out a few links to “compatible steppers”. The size and weight of Nema23 steppers compared to a few chips and a PCB is huge. You could probably ship 10 stepper-less kits for the cost of one kit with steppers. For instance I have 4 x Tormach Nema23, 1.8deg, 3amp, 280oz steppers probably overkill for a bobbin winder and really at 60.00US ea I would rather use a less powerful stepper. I notice you are using Nema23 steppers on both the bobbin spin function and the traverse function. Probably the traverse function could be handled by a nema17 which are quite common and fairly inexpensive. The tension motor looks like a small recycled stepper of which might be hard to locate.

I have a box full of recycled nema17 steppers and another large container of misc proprietary recycled steppers along with a well stocked parts pin. For me a bare PCB and hex files are the way to go.
                            Just some food for thought.
                            Thanks

Comment

thanks for suggestions.... at this moment i have 2 kits....

bye

Click image for larger version

Name:	kit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	819452

Comment

Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                                complete wiring

(Pic showing 2 steppers and a tensioner motor)

bye
                                Hi Elpro ... I've seen this Tensioner motor in a few of your pics. Can you provide any details on what it does (it looks like it de-spools your wire??) and where to get one ?

Thanks
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X