Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APHEX CX-1, EQF-2 schematics and others to come in our galley...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APHEX CX-1, EQF-2 schematics and others to come in our galley...

Well, I will be doing my best to maintain our .pdf based gallery of odd-ball schematics, likely of most interest currently (as I nearly had to chew my arm off to find them...) are the schematics for the old APHEX CX-1, EQF-2 and some data on their respective powered module racks. Our domain is currently in the process of being migrated to a new servers, as well as many changes in content to come.

The thing to note, while I will not drag anyone through the domain intentionally, we DO have quite the repository of odd-ball hard to find schematics. The process of getting them set up is the gallery that I am going to link to for everyone is a long, hard and tedious one, so be patient; we can only post more info as we have time.. (Also be mindful there may be a short interruption when we re-propagate the DNS servers to the new domain servers, so if the site is down, be patient, it's likely that the DNS servers have not yet caught up with the migration...

.pdf gallery with APHEX schematics: PUPCo Studios & Research Group Documentation Gallery

Enjoy, and contact us at our primary domain (PUPCo studios) with any questions...Home

Warm regards,
    PUPCo_MGMT

*EDIT* Apologies to the mod's and admin's as it would appear this is posted in the "requests" thread, that was not my intent really, but I don't see an appropriate thread for them elsewhere, so feel free to move the thread at your discretion... Thanks.
    Last edited by dwire; 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM. Reason: Unsure if I posted to the appropriate thread...
    "but I ain't never seen me a one-legged stripper; and I've been to Morocco!" Quentin Tarantino, from Robert Rodriguez's PLANET TERROR. R.I.P.

Unless someone would like to inform me how to properly edit the above post; here is the new link to the growing (slowly) document gallery...

https://www.pupcostudios.com/document_vault/g2/

Also, if you need instructions, for the time our home page has an article on it as to how to download the .pdf's and natually there is a link from the main site as well...

Home of PUPCo Studios
    "but I ain't never seen me a one-legged stripper; and I've been to Morocco!" Quentin Tarantino, from Robert Rodriguez's PLANET TERROR. R.I.P.

Comment

pupco seems to be not found on the web any more
      Here is some Aphex info for any that are interested
      Attached Files

Comment

and some more
        Attached Files

Comment

AT least they are in the public domain... but....

Good thing PUPCo is not on the net as you just uploaded our very own files to our very own thread - the EQF-2 CX-1 and pinout data, I orginated from the company, their engineers and was provided even the chicken scratchings that date back to the original maker of this design. That word document I pinned myself from both hand written notes and my own observations working with a number of these units...

PM'ing a person first is the thing to do if you cannot find the proper URL/address - we are still kicking my friend - and now go head over to eBay and see how much people are charging for these same B&H/APHEX (EQF-2 and CX-1) schematics and the pinout data that you just posted that there is NO DOUBT (MD5 hashes) came from our servers...

Oh well, such is life, I am not upset you posted them really, merely upset you did not ask and that I can now buy on eBay something we were/are and while our hosting and sites are all being uprooted right now, providing to the planet for free - in my estimation this goes against the grain of what the Internet and what this forum in particular is all about.

There is a PM button you know - I got PM'ed that you posted the files we generated and you had already downloaded from our servers by the vBulletin forum anyhow; how hard would it have been to PM or email us? Our database of schematics, manuals hand written notes, and troubleshooting materials (at least for some time) dwarfed MEF and were always maintained as free for use. It matters not - and I am no grudge holder ever, so take it with a grain of salt, but if you knew what I went through as an APHEX dealer to get some of the stuff we have you unlike myself would probably have gone ballistic. lol...

Enjoy all, what matters is this is FREE and in the public domain - that is and always will be how I and my business conduct with materials such as this. If MEF ever is NOT FREE for all, I will have a real problem with such things posted here; so I hope that day never comes...

Enjoy your weekend. And don't forget, there is a PM button and an email for us here if you ever want to say we are "not around" just ask is all you need do! We have had far larger things in the pipes than keeping the ever growing db of such materials address updated here - but if you'd have only asked... lol Take care everyone and come on - let's keep this stuff FREE - not some absurd eBay rip-off BS. I've been round and round about this and the intellectual property stealer's have no leg to stand on legally when it comes to what they do (sell that they do not own) on eBay and elsewhere...

Comment

Hi Dwire
            First my apologies.
            The original post was 2010, and i checked all the links from your posts, which came up as domain name not around.
            I did get these files from the pupco site, i just thought if pupco is not around any more, then these files may be useful to someone, hence why i uploaded them.
            As they had been in the public domain, as they were hosted on your site, i did not think there would be an issue in my posting them here.
            I do occasional repair work for friends, in exchange for beer, and i make the occasional pedal. I dont make money out of any of this.
            I honestly did not think of pm'ing first.
            My sincere apologies if i have upset you.

Comment

No problem - keep 'em free!

Don't stress it. We are still here and and never stopped - WHOIS will show that. You and only about 8 others ever even visited the document vault there in a six month period. So, considering are primary focus is not simply providing free services (while I'd love to do just that!) somehow we must eat. Things have gotten shifted about a lot at the site. For a number of reasons, but believe you me, plenty goes on. Perhaps I do need throw something up where you and others would expect it (index.html or index.php) in the root so you all will know this, and for the millionth time change our dang hosts error pages back to our custom ones, but currently all this is not all too relevant to what we are doing.

I was having a bad day Sir. The only things that stuck in my craw that day were, you said you found these "somewhere floating on the Internet" - when I know you found them floating on my server. That really was the main reason. I was not implying you would end up putting them on eBay, but so much of the more rare stuff we have turned over to the public I see on eBay all the time - CD's and such of information particular individuals do not own and only sell them because there are no live estate, or stake holders to care or go after them. Information like how a device you or I own should be available for free via public domain provided there are no licensing, legal or other issues- these eBayer's found them as such - and I have only encountered ONE SINGLE one that actually asked permission for use of similar documents; this person has been the only exception...

Don't sweat the small stuff - me on a bad day. Keep them free and available to all for free no matter what the source.

Carry on everyone and don't fret; my bark is far worse than my bite (like the little wizard in The Wizard Of Oz...) lol

Comment

dwire
                The only reason i posted the files, was as your domain appeared to be down. I honestly did not recall where i got these files from (i dont keep a record of where i got every file from). Even this minute, if i enter in pupcostudios.com i get a domain name not found error 404.
                If your links were still available for others, i would not have done anything.
                I keep these files for my own reference. I agree that downloading information & then selling it is "poor form", where a simple google search would (eventually) find the information, especially if you bother to go past the first google search page. I have often found the information i needed, but only on the tenth search page !
                That is why i upload information here, so people can repair their equipment. If i have the information, and others need it, why should i not share it. It helps them to fix their gear & get back to the main purpose of making music.

I am glad you are still around, more power to you. I know how hard it is running a studio.

Cheers
                A

Comment

Working...
                X