Fender 80's Concert Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 80's Concert Amp

Hello, all. I just purchased an 80's Fender Concert amp. It is the PCB version with 1-12" speaker, 2 gain controls on the overdrive channel, reverb is active for both channels, 1 footswitch jack, power and standby switches on the back.

Does anyone know approximately what year this what was made and where I can find a footswitch or how to build one?

I am normally a regular Fender Blackface nut but I saw this amp for a good price and picked it up. It does sound good on the clean channel and the overdrive isn't too bad if you don't try to go into Santanaland. I was disappointed to find out it wasn't hand-wired (as I believe some of the first Rivera era Concerts were) but it seems to be a solid amp nevertheless.

Thanks!

That sounds like th '93 Concert. On the main pc board next to the script "Fender" does it say 1993, 1994?

To date it, look for date codes on the pots, speakers, transformers, and any other larger parts. A date code of 9427 means the part was made in the 27th week of 1994.

As far as I can tell, it uses the 099-4064-000 footswitch. That is three buttons - channel/gain/rev. I will have to dig that out from my files. Unlike most Fenders, the FS internals do not seem to be on the schemo of the amp.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, Enzo. I'll pull the amp out tonight and check the pcb and let you know what I find.

I wasn't aware they made this in the 90's.

Comment

Working...
      X