Grounding Newsflash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding Newsflash

FWIW I just found this really useful article on Merlin b's website (as a chapter to his next upcoming book). It must have been put there quite recently.

http://www.freewebs.com/valvewizard2/Grounding.pdf

Very useful and easy-to-understand explanation of currents in relation to grounding. (One wonders what the main topic of the whole book will be at this point. Dibs - I have a couple of things I would like to see covered - namely reverb and tremolo/vibrato circuits)
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Grounding is one of the most confusing things in electronics IMO, and it takes a brave man to even try explaining it, so hats off!

His metaphor of "the other half of the circuit" is spot on.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

That looks like an excellent article on the subject.

Comment

Great article. It is in his current book by the way, straight from it in one of the last chapters.

Comment

Ah nevermind I just looked at it, some is the same some is different...

Comment

Originally posted by DIY_Guy View Post
            Great article. It is in his current book by the way, straight from it in one of the last chapters.
            Wow so it is! (albeit now in a somewhat much expanded form). I never looked at chapter 12 until now. (I've spent too much time looking at the earlier chapters) - Must be for 2nd edn then.
            Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
            X