Crate Taxi TX15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Taxi TX15

Anyone have a schematic for the Crate TX15 Taxi amp?

Not much to it. Don't see TDA7240 very often though.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Crate TX15

I just replaced the battery in one of these.
      Nice portable amp.

Comment

Taxi Amp

Thanks for the quick follow up schematic post. This is the 2nd one I picked up for almost nothing. Looks like it's just gonna' be a battery issue.
        Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by gebaldwin1 View Post
          Thanks for the quick follow up schematic post. This is the 2nd one I picked up for almost nothing. Looks like it's just gonna' be a battery issue.
          Thanks again!
          Where did you find a replacement Battery? I am having the same problem. Any help would be great thanks

Comment

Loud Technologies has the replacement battery .

Comment

They are just common gel cells. Got the bad one still? The ratings should be printed on it. 12Ahr or 7.5Ah or whatever. Places like Mouser and Digikey sell them. Even MCM and places, they use them a lot in security and alarm systems as backup during power outages.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for all the help.

I think it is the same as the one for my Aqua View Underwater Camera and Vexilar FL18 Fish Flasher.

One question would be is it proper for the charger to be putting out 22 volts for charging the unit.
                Thanks Carl

Comment

HArd to say, chances are the voltage will fall into place once the battery is installed, completing the circuit.

Comment

Yes, 20/22V DC at the charger plug is not only normal but required.
                    The Taxi (as many others) has an internal regulator/charger which feeds *up to* 13.5V DC at not more than , say, 800mA to 1A tops to the Gel Cell Lead Acid Battery.
                    Popular ratings are 12V 4.5AH(Fender AmpCan) or 12V 7AH(my own "Callejeros")
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Replacement Battery for Crate TX15

Originally posted by noreaster View Post
                      Where did you find a replacement Battery? I am having the same problem. Any help would be great thanks
                      I called the technical support and found out that you can order replacement battery for Crate TX15 at Amazon. The reference is "PS1270"

I got it at Amazon.com: POWERSONIC PS1270F2 BATTERY 12VDC 7 AMH: Camera & Photo for 19 dollars and it works great.

Hope this helps to everyone that needs replacement battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        Not much to it. Don't see TDA7240 very often though.
                        I can't seem to open those pdf schematic files. can u post them again?

I got tired of replacing battery and wanted to see if i can bypass the battery and feed directly to the amp module. Do you know the operating voltage of the amp module. If you have working amp, u can put a volt meter across the two yellow wires that feed the amp module. With my dead battery, i'm getting 8.04vdc.

Thank in advance for your help.

Comment

żżż??? those batteries last *at least* 1 year, and many times up to 3 or 4 so I don't get
                          I got tired of replacing battery
                          Replace it *once* and forget it for any foreseeable future.
                          If you want to use it "plugged" , no problem, just do it , the battery simply will keep charged.

The advantage is that a small charger is enough, otherwise it must be a real power supply, able to feed whatever the amp requires.

Imagine a dripping faucet (the charger) into a bucket (the battery) , always having a lot of water available on demand.

Otherwise you'll need a fully open faucet.
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                            Imagine a dripping faucet (the charger) into a bucket (the battery) , always having a lot of water available on demand.

Otherwise you'll need a fully open faucet.
                            Thank you for that analogy and reply.

My problem is that I only use the amp 3-4 times a year. Last time I used was during the Christmas when families came over. When I plugged the amp yesterday, low and behold, the amp was dead. I charged ~20+ hours but the amp won't work. I changed the battery 2 times in the past, hence 'tired of changing.' I understand the trickle charge n'ol but I don't want to waste any 'water' when I don't know when I feel like using it.

I want to disable the battery side of the amp and use it plugged always. Since the amp runs on 12v battery, I know that the operating voltage can't be more than 12VDC. I just wanted to make sure that if I put 12VDC into the amp module, I'm not gonna fry anything.

Comment

12 to , say, 14V is fine, but not more.
                              Your PSU will need to supply at least 1.5A to 2A .

Your lead battery died because it was stored discharged.
                              If you top it for storage and retop it every 2 or 3 months it stays fine for a long time.

I know it because I sell many similar amps to Musicians who during the work year have regular jobs and only use their battery amps on vacation, at the beach or wherever, so they have a use pattern similar to yours.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                              X