Roland Jazz Chorus 120 "Schematics needed asap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Jazz Chorus 120 "Schematics needed asap"

Hi eveyone, I need help. I have a old first series (1975-1978) Roland JC120 amp, it works and plays, but has a horrible buzz, my buddy the amp tech needs the schematics to fix it properly, but we havnt found the schematics that we need, can someone point out where i can find one or buy one?

PS: I have the 1979, 1984 schematics and they are not the ones, we need the ones 1978 or before................. Thanks

Hi, welcome.

Have you done a search on this forum? We have a number of JC120 threads, with various links and postings included.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Has he checked the main power supply caps for AC ripple? You should be able to do that without schematics.

Comment

And should be able to isolate the problem to power amp or preamp.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have a roland jc 120 serial #272826. I've fixed the amp head part of the amp. It has been so long that I am not sure where the speaker wires go to the posts on the speakers. It must be one of the first ones and I can't find a schemitic for this amp. The wires coming from the head to the speakers are brown, red, black, and orange. I don't want to make a mistake at this point. Or do I just put them on and switch them around. Thanks barryachi

Comment

Originally posted by barryachi View Post
            ... It has been so long that I am not sure where the speaker wires go to the posts on the speakers ...
            may be helpful
            http://music-electronics-forum.com/t7116/
            It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
            X