Inserting SS trem in a Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting SS trem in a Deluxe

I'm going to add RG's mosfet adaptation of the fender trem to my 5E3 build. I'm curious about where might be best to add it to the circuit. I have already added a one-tube reverb between the second stage and PI. Should I add the trem between the second stage and PI or should I add it between the first and second stages?

thanks

Try adding it between the 2nd stage and the PI. Alot depends on the characteristics of the LDR. Another thing to consider is the "Bias wiggle" connection where the tremolo signal is fed to the output tubes. There are several examples in Fender Tweed schematics.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have the reverb going after the coupling cap through a 220K mix resistor into the PI. I'm assuming I should attach the trem LDR after the mix resistor. Might affect the reverb drive if I place it before the mix resistor. Or maybe it might not?

Also the SS adaptation from Geofex doesn't use the bias tap for reference, which is great since this 5E3 is cathode bias.

Comment

Working...
      X