SWR Workingman's Fifteen - disassembly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWR Workingman's Fifteen - disassembly question

I have a SWR Workingman's Fifteen bass amp, while I have the owners manual I am looking for some sort of maintenance manual or instructions.

Specifically, the 1/4 inch jack marked "tuner" needs to be replaced. I can do the replacing, I just am not sure how to get at it. Does anyone have disassembly instructions? There are 4 Phillips head screws on the top of the box, I am ASSUMING undoing these will allow the amp to slide out but I sure would prefer to have someone confirm that for be before I start randomly unscrewing things.

Also, I see in the archives a few years back someone requested and receiver the schematic for this amp, I'd love to get a copy of this as well - not that I need it now, but while I'm here and all it makes sense to get it, if its still available.

So... Suggestions? Links? Instructions?

Q: How can I order a schematic?
    A: To request a schematic, please provide your full name and mailing address (or fax number), along with the model and serial number of your amplifier. Send your request to swrcustserve@fender.com, or contact the FMIC Consumer Relations Department, 480-596-7195.

Comment

SWR WM 15

Here is what I have schematic wise.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the schematics on the workingmans 12/15 bass amp. Does anyone have a parts placement on the pc board. I have an amp given to me that has two resistors burned and one of the 2SC3264 trnasistors shorted. I cannot read the value color rings on the resistors or the wattage. I could follow the traces but the pictorial would be quicker.

Thanks
        Cakcadad

Comment

What you see is what you get. SWR never published layouts.

And as to quicker, I have to think that by now you could have traced the paths to those resistors.

Looking at the schematic, there are darn few resistors associated with the outputs. The 5 watt ballasts are 0.1 ohm, the 1/2w driver resistors are 100 ohm. Easy to see which is which by size and shape. There are those couple 22 ohm 2w resistors on the output in the stability network. Those plus the 1/2w 1.5 ohm all connect direct to the speaker fuse.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Workingman 15

Can someone who has a workingman 15 be so kind to look on the power board and give the resistor color code for the posistion in the the attached file.
            Thx
            Bw

Workingmans 15 resistor value needed.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by bnwbass View Post
              Can someone who has a workingman 15 be so kind to look on the power board and give the resistor color code for the posistion in the the attached file.
              Thx
              Bw

[ATTACH]15537[/ATTACH]
              Hi there!!

I've saw this thread only today. I'll check tomorow for the value of that resistor.
              I have one for repair, that has a several burnt resistors that in your case, are intact. Could you please post a better picture of your's board?
              Would be of great help.
              Thanks in advance!!

Comment

The OP started a new post.
                Link: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t26757/

Comment

Is it my poor sight or SWR just does not print parts numbers on their PCBs ??
                  I don't either, but I'm a one-guy operation, think they could (should) do better .
                  Oh well.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

SWR is gone, bought up by Fender, so whatever they used to do, they now do like Fender does.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well. in this case, thatīs good.
                      The board pictured looks old, meaning "old style SWR", donīt see parts ID numbers printed by them and the general layout looks "ugly".
                      Certainly it must be functional, SWRs were always good, Pro amps, just never looked too organized inside.
                      Fender, whatever you can say about them, has always "run by the book".
                      Well, they should, or they would never be able to run such a big Company.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I spoke too soon. Here is a Tech Note on the amp, and ther is a board layout included in it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          I spoke too soon. Here is a Tech Note on the amp, and ther is a board layout included in it.
                          Hey Folks! I know this is from quite some time ago - but is there any way to access this file? When I try and open or download I just get a 1 pixel x 1 pixel gif?

Comment

Here you go:

TN04-2.zip

Workingman 12-15.zip

Comment

THANKS!

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                              Here you go:

[ATTACH]42857[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]42858[/ATTACH]

Hey - Thanks so much - I really, really appreciate it - Hope it wasn't too much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X