Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Designs Posted

Hi,
    I've just posted some of my amp designs, layouts and schems. Check 'em out!

Tube Amps, Tube Guitar Amps, ThunderTweak Amplifiers

Lemme know whatcha think, corrections, etc. Hope y'all dig it!
    Thanx!
    Ace!8-)>
    Ace Pepper Custom Amps

Thanks for the contribution! Good reading!

Comment

Thanks, that gave me some great ideas for a weekend activity! So, if I'm following the schematic correctly the Powermatic gives you a stock plexi tone in the clean mode and a high gain burner when channel two is engaged?

Comment

thanks Ace!

Any clips available on the H&N or others?

PS I've always liked your themed PCB shapes!

Comment

Amoeba

Ace, I was looking at your schematic for the 1 watt Amoeba amp, and it doesn't say what the tubes are. Little help?

Comment

Very cool website & nice amps! Well done!

Comment

Hi All,
              Sorry to be slow on the reply. I'm stoked y'all are diggin my stuff! Thanx!! To answer some questions:

About the Powermatic; yes, the idea is to have a basicly stock Plexi lead channel (which is actually pretty clean at mortal volumes) and a hot-rodded 800-style killer gain channel. Works great and is BIG fun! If you don't wanna fool with the relay just use a DPDT toggle switch. It won't be footswitchable, but it gives some cool tone options and goes together a bit quicker.

On my "in tha house" page (amps for sale) I've got a YouTube demo of the Hot N Nasty. It gives a pretty good idea of the idea, but I'm not crazy about the tubes I was using (Svetlana 6L6s) when I shot that. I've got some 5881s in there now that I like better and I need to shoot some new demo footage soon.

The Amoeba is an idea I sketched out real quick. I do need to fill-in more info. I posted it to see what y'all thought/get feedback/ideas to make it better.
              The tubes are both 12AX7-type tubes. The idea is to be able to play with different 12AX7-type tubes in either spot, preamp OR power. Like, say, a 12AT7 for the power tube, or an AU7, or even a 12BH7. You could try a 12AY7 for a chimier/brighter preamp. Basicly the simplest amp-organism I could think of. I may add a line-out to make it more useful as a preamp for something else.

I gotta warn ya, I haven't actually built one of the Amoeba amps yet, but I have built other 1 watt designs based on these ideas, so I've got a real good idea it'll work. The final design may require some part value tweaks. I'm thinking about making the Amoeba available as a parts kit. I'll be posting layout drawings and instructions as I get 'em together and I may ask for feedback/proofreading from y'all in the future. I always appreciate feedback to make my stuff better and learn. Thank you all very much!!
              Ace!8-)>
              Ace Pepper Custom Amps

Comment

Ace; you're the man! I had a Weber channel switching board on hand. So, I adapted your Powermatic switching plan into my tweed twin clone. I used the four input holes for: Input jack, clean volume pot, foot switch jack and bypass switch. The normal and bright volume holes became dirty gain and dirty volume (master). The board fits perfectly on the end panel by the inputs. The board power comes right off the first 12 AX7. Very clean install, the only chassis holes drilled were for the Weber board. Oh yes, it sounds fantastic! Having the master on the gain channel is a must. Very easy to blend the two channels outputs. Thanks again for sharing.

Comment

Glad you're diggin' the Powermatic switching! I also used Weber relay boards for a couple Powermatic heads, also on a Tweed Bassman. The Tweed Bassman install went very much like you describe. Fun stuff!
                  Ace!8-)>
                  Ace Pepper Custom Amps

Comment

Working...
                  X