Allparts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allparts

I just noticed today that Allparts has expanded their line of pickup parts. Nice to see another source with GJ seeming to fall off the map.
    www.tonefordays.com

That's great, but without getting dealer pricing, their prices are way high on everything.

Check out the luthier tools. They sell a fret tang nipper for $100... Stew-Mac sells one for $47. They have an adjustable toggle switch wrench for $30, Stew-Mac sells one for $15. Their fret bender is $130, and Stew-Mac's is $89.

I'll have to call them about dealer pricing. I never got a reply back when I sent an email a while back.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I think you just need to call them and say that you want to place an OEM order. If you absolutely cant, let me know David and i'll order the part for you and you can pay me.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
        I think you just need to call them and say that you want to place an OEM order. If you absolutely cant, let me know David and i'll order the part for you and you can pay me.
        I'm sure I would be able to if I call them. I do have a legitimate business.

But thanks... I'll let you know.

I still have to get some of those magnets from you... Soon.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

David,
          Dealer pricing at Allparts is A-mark i.e. 50% off retail. Orders over $600 knock another 10% off. They are great to deal with. Call them and ask to set up a cash account. You'll need your state resale tax number which you will have if you are a bona fide retail business, (unless you live in OR, NH or that other state with no sales tax). If you only deal with other manufacturers, presumably you can just give them your federal business tax i.d. number.
          Emails are not taken very seriously -every kid in America thinks he's a "luthier" if he owns more than one guitar. I was one of those too but I learned to bs my way past that stage..

Comment

They are really good to deal with. A dealer account is no problem.
            www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Their bobbin prices are are pretty good. They are like $1 a piece. I think Mojo charges $1.75 and that is if you buy 100.

Comment

The pole holes in the strat and tele bobbins from Allparts are way undersized. Even using a press it's a total pain. I drilled them out the one time i bought flatwork from them.

Minihumbucker parts are up on mojo now. Just out of stock.
                Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Well, not just anyone can get a dealer account, you have to actually be in business and prove it. They are good to deal with. I notice some prices have gone up. They take forever to post product photos, I hope they get those up soon.
                  http://www.SDpickups.com
                  Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I find Stew-mac prices to be middle of the road, kind of in between retail and wholesale. Allparts prices are much lower with the dealer pricing and the service is excellent.
                    www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                      Well, not just anyone can get a dealer account, you have to actually be in business and prove it.
                      I haven't run into that problem. I just told them a while back that I'm Zhangbucker Pickups and they've been consistently giving me 40-50% off. And I'm nowhere near big or well-known enough that they're impressed by my name.

Comment

They may have changed their policy, click on dealer info and you'll see they require a copy of your business license and resale number. They never asked me for that, but my website was proof I'm in business and not many hobbyists buy 50 humbucker covers etc. I've been buying from them for 8 years too. StewMac's prices are high when you buy in bulk, I don't buy much of anything from them lately, they raised their prices quite a bit about six months ago.
                        http://www.SDpickups.com
                        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I had to fax them a copy of my business license.
                          www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

i did too
                            Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Hmmm it looks like Mojo dropped their bobbin prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X