Amp troubles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp troubles!

I recently bought a CRATE GFX-212 combo amp and it is not playing as loudly as it should. Can someone help me find a solution?

Give it an Enzo: Stretch your hand out and apply a firm wack or two on the top of the combo.

Any temporary improvement in the volume?

Comment

And jump the effect loop jacks (if it has one) with a cable and see if that brings it back to life. Also, if there's a headphone jack, make sure that the contacts are shorting like they should when nothing is plugged into it. The speaker return path is thru that jack and I see it fail when its actually used often. Check solder on all jacks as well.....they tend to crack often with those cliff type jacks.
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Originally posted by Fragger View Post
        Give it an Enzo: Stretch your hand out and apply a firm wack or two on the top of the combo.

Any temporary improvement in the volume?
        No it didnt help.

Comment

How loud is or isn`t it? Louder than the TV?

Clearly defined effects?

Any of the pots. crackle when turned?

I have your amp`s old used little brother. Made all the difference in the world pulling the amp out, treating all the pots., jacks, and switches with DeoxIt D5.

Volume jumped up, stopped distorting on the clean channel and the effects started working and so quiet can`t tell if it is on or not.

Best $25 I spent last year on a Xmas present for myself.

Comment

Working...
          X