Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F2-A Power Transformer wiring

Hi

I just built a 5F2-A with a power transformer from 'Triode Electronics'. The Primary has a strange Orange wire. The schematic can be seen here: http://site.triodestore.com/5F2PTS.jpg

I connected the orange wire to Ground. My fuse keep bursting. Is this can be caused because the Orange wire has to do something else than being grounded..? What is the Orange wire for?

Thank you!

it may be a center tap for the 5v winding. ohm it to see. this should not be grounded.

Comment

on the schematic, it's a dashed line between the primary and the core. A center tap for the 5V would not have been represented as it is on the schematic. So I doubt is a center tap of any of the secondary.

Comment

bloom,

As shown on the Triode Electronics transformer data sheet the orange wire is connected to the internal electrostatic shield. You should be able to connect the orange wire to ground without causing a problem.

You did not specifically say that the fuse does not blow if you disconnect the orange wire from ground. Did you try that?

Regards,
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X