DB-01 Crybaby from Hell, Dimebag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB-01 Crybaby from Hell, Dimebag

So I have this awesome wah pedal, I'm sure everyone's heard/seen it. You can switch the pedal itself on and off. There is also a boost button on the side that can be turned on and off.

Right now if you disengage the wah pedal the boost turns off too, although the indicator light still shows that the switch is engaged. Anyone think it would be possible to mod it so that the boost still functions although the wah is turned off?

Everything is possible.
    That sucker is SMT I believe. Open it up and look to see if you think you will be able to solder those tiny parts.
    Next you will have to isolate the boost circuit to make it act independent of the wah circuit.

Comment

SMT for sure. Makes it a bit more daunting. The red mushroom-head switch in the lower right of the photo is the boost switch. The red LED adjacent to it is the power indicator. I don't know where to go from here.

Comment

Well honestly, I think you would be getting in way over your head with this. It uses a chip to do the switching on/off of the wah circuit. You need to isolate the boost from this so it will switch on and off independently.
        This is far too advanced for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X