Crate GLX65 Amplifier; Want to Add a Line Out Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GLX65 Amplifier; Want to Add a Line Out Plug

Hey guys, have another question about my Crate GLX65 Guitar Amplifier. I record at home on my computer and have been mic'ing my amp up to get signal through a small mixer into the computer's sound card. I have no idea why a company would build a practice-size amplifier without a line out, or at least a headphone jack, but Crate decided they would with the GLX65. I have been looking at the wiring schematic, and think that I may see a way to install my own line out jack for the amp. I am not electrically savy at ALL, so I wanted to run it by the guru's here before I even took this to a person that can do the work. Here is a screenshot of the wiring schematic with the insertion of the proposed line out jack penciled in RED.

Crate GLX65 Proposed Line-Out

My thinking is, that as long as the 1/4" plug is inserted in the system POST channel mixing/DSP, and PRE power amplification, this would be the signal that my computer could utilize as input for my multi-track application. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I stated earlier I am definately not an electronics wiz.

Looking very much forward to any help that anyone can give me as I really would like to incorporate this into the amplifier somehow. Mic'ing this cabinet just to get the tone into my multi-track recorder is just proving to be too cumbersome. Really can't believe there isn't this availability on the amplifier in stock form already.

Easier than that, your FX send is already a line out. Just use that.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo... omG you rock. I was thinking that but wasn't sure. Thank you so much for the information bud

Comment

Working...
      X