Fender SK 35 Rev adding a gain footswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender SK 35 Rev adding a gain footswitch

Hello all, I picked up a Fender SK35 Rev a while back. It needed a good cleaning & I swapped the stock speaker for a Celestion G12/35L. I like that change. I read some where about taking the foot switch for the reverb & using it to instead switch in/out the gain stage. Has anyone seen this mod or know what would be involved? Looking at the SK's schematic I could insert the switch in the gain circut to allow me to turn it on or off. I'm wondering where the best place to insert it would be. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks to those that can help.

I took another look at the Fender SK schematic, looks as though I could insert the switch some wear between C6 & R9 in the gain circut. The bottom of R9 might work as I would be lifting this ground point to turn it on/off.
    I'll have to try it & see if this works.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueshobbit View Post
      I took another look at the Fender SK schematic, looks as though I could insert the switch some wear between C6 & R9 in the gain circut. The bottom of R9 might work as I would be lifting this ground point to turn it on/off.
      I'll have to try it & see if this works.
      Try to connect the foot switch in the marked line.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender rev35 mod.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	841419
      This way by acting the footswitch will be the Distortion (set on the knob) OR Clean sound.

Comment

Or this other. You can start playing with some Gain and boost it depending of the value of the resistance, you may try with different values, 1Kohm is proposed.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender rev35 mod 1.png
Views:	2
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	841421
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender rev35 mod 1.png
Views:	2
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	841422

Comment

Hi Phaze, welcome to the forum. Looks like hobbit was last here six years ago. Hopefully he got it set straight.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The suspense is killing me

Comment

Working...
              X