Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special wall outlets

Make sure to read the reviews.

Parts-Express.com:Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket | wattgate socket power cords power outlet wattgate outlet
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Ha ha . I actually have friend who swears by these, even better are the cryogenic treated ones.

Comment

Snake oil. What we should be concerned about are those new-fangled hydro-electric power plants. Now, old steam generated electricity.... THAT'S where the tone is!

Comment

Fooey! You kids don;t even have a clue. WHy back when I was your age, our amps ran on STEAM. You had to shovel COAL into the back to get them to work.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

that's some seriously funny satire! Makes me think PEx sees the humor as its so blatant.

I am always amazed when a vendor (cell phone & ISP companies come to mind) allow unfettered reviews and +90% read "worst piece 'o crap I have ever owned" or equivalent.

Course limiting reviews to actual buyers is hard to implement but ~500% more positive...
          Last edited by tedmich; 01-21-2010, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Psst, we had that history lesson in the 80s. Don't you remember Back to the Future 3. Yea, I decided a red charge wasn't enough so I made some thermite. Now that's quality power.

This is soooo worth the edit:
            ...on a side note, me and the wife have been trying for 12 years to have a baby, well lo and behold I come home from a month long fishing trip and she informs me she is 2 weeks pregnant!
            Ha!
            Last edited by defaced; 01-20-2010, 02:48 AM. Reason: Dooooood
            -Mike

Comment

Thanks for sharing Enzo, great humor there!
              When I am asked about cords, connectors, etc., I remind folks to realize what wiring they already have. A 12 ga. speaker wire may ensure the signal is not degraded for a 100 ft. run, but will do nothing for your combo amp. The output transformer wire is probably 20-22 ga., and the voice coil wire is even smaller, splicing a 12-14 ga. wire between them is not going to make any difference.

Comment

I love PE, I've been a customer for years. I was a little sad to see them start to support snake oil products. On the other hand, those reviews are checked by PE personnel before posting, so maybe they have a sense of humor.
                Stop by my web page!

Comment

... but you see, there has to be somebody who can soak up all that excess bonus money paid to "critically important personnel" in the investment firms which got TARP money - money which you and I will be paying interest on for the rest of our lives, and probably our children for their lives.

That money has to go somewhere!
                  Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

The investment firms have mostly paid their tarp money back. The real drain is the car companies that the president stole from the shareholders to give to the unions. We will never get our money back from them, and he exempted fannie and freddie whose loans to people who couldn't pay them back got us into the credit problem to start with. Listen to the fellow from Omaha,(who makes money the old fashioned way), Warren Buffet, on where we should go from here.

Comment

The investment firms have mostly paid their tarp money back.
                      Sure they did after they sold the American people a complete bill of goods that was knowingly infected with assets that were not "tested" properly. At least the car manufactuers did their job albeit poorly.............

Comment

Hey! I don't mind arguing politics, but let's keep all this politcal crap out of the top half of this forum.

Comment

Humbug! In Britland we have proper mains plugs and sockets. (Yes, not your Yankee "AC receptacles" or "outlets".)

The plug is a sizeable lump of bakelite, rated at 250V AC, 13 amps, with three solid brass pins and an integral fuse. You could (nay, should) beat a Gainclone to death with it. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0646.html

The socket usually has a switch, which provides crisper articulation and improved note separation when on, and a pitch-black noise floor when off.

So in conclusion, to improve your stereo system, you should replace the "wall outlets" for British ones. And of course you should donate all of that McIntosh junk to a good home, such as my living room.Roger Russell, McIntosh Lab.
                          Last edited by Steve Conner; 01-23-2010, 02:02 PM.
                          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Steve, why do you think the British adopted the 220v standard, I know we thought 110v was all one would need, back at inception. Did your electrical grid come later than ours?
                            Life would be so much easier for our electricians, if we didn't have to balance the load between 2 main lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                              Fooey! You kids don;t even have a clue. WHy back when I was your age, our amps ran on STEAM. You had to shovel COAL into the back to get them to work.
                              Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa..................

Comment

Working...
                              X