Behringer Amp Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Amp Help?

Hello, I recently bought a Behgringer AC108 Vintager Amp. Its a 15W Tube Amp.
    The problem Ive been having with it, is that most of the time it has a buzzing noise in the background when it is on. This buzzing becomes louder when you switch between pickups. Does anyone know if there's anyway i can eliminate the noise so i can have a clearer sound coming out of my amp.

thanks,
    Craig
    Attached Files

If the amp is quiet without a guitar and cable plugged into it, then the problem is with your guitar or cable. So, turn the amp on, turn up the volume but don't plug your guitar in. If it hums loudly, the amp has a problem. If not, you have a lot of electronic noise in your home which the guitar is picking up and sending to the amplifier. I live behind high voltage power transmission lines. Every guitar I use has to be super well shielded. Let us know and we will take it from there.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
      I turned the amp on without the guitar plugged in, put the volume up, and no humming buzzing. So what should I do now?

Comment

Typically, this problem is electrical noise and is solved or at least reduced by shielding the guitar, although you could have a ground problem in your guitar. Try a different or friend's guitar to see if the hum also appears with that guitar. If a different guitar (with unshielded single coil pickups) also hums, it is probably electrical noise in your living space--which can be many things, most of which you can do nothing about.

If you have a volt-ohm meter check the continuity between the bridge of the guitar and the guitar's output jack to see if there may be an open ground.

Comment

Working...
        X