Peavey XXL cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XXL cab?

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has ever opened one of these up. I want to rewire one for stereo, which I have done with other cabs but this one does not open up on the back. The speakers are front mounted with a grille over the front. I have tried to pry off the grille but cant seem to find the trick to getting it off. If anyone has the answer let me know thanks.
    Tim

I can't be sure...but I have a vertical 2 12 Peavey stero cabinet that is very hard to get off. sealed back. I had to take the corner covers off and then pull it out. I did this by threading 2 screws into the grill frame in the corners and then pulling them with vice grips. After done I took a pointed soldering tool and rearanged the grill cloth fibers to hide the slght spreading from the screw. It was still hard to pull (strong velcro) I do believe if I didn't pull in two places I would have cracked the frame.

Comment

I have a Peavey XXL 4x12 Slant. You are correct; the speakers are front-loaded. The grille is a royal PITA to remove. It is held on with a very strong velco, the kind I'd bet people wish they could find to build pedal boards with. I ended up having to take a crowbar to the front to get it off. Scuffed up the tolex a bit, but mine's already scuffed in a few places.

How do you plan on wiring the cabinet for parallel? The jack plate on the back of mine is very small, only big enough for the single jack going in to the back of the cabinet, and I would assume the same applies to yours as well. Do you plan on enlarging the hole to fit a larger plate with room for the 2nd jack?

Comment

My cabinet is already set up for stereo/mono from the factory with a switching jack and a plain one. However when I rewired my son's ampeg V2 cabinet for stereo I used a second jack . I drilled a 1 7/8 inch hole and used a jack cup from Antique radio supply (AKA tubesandmore.com).

Comment

Working...
        X