Fender Musicmaster 6AQ5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Musicmaster 6AQ5

I'm looking for the Fender 6AQ5 schematic version. The 6AQ5 was the first issue of this amp before the 6V6 was introduced. I cannot locate one on the wwweb

However, since the 6AQ5(7 pin) tube is a twin to the 6V6(8 pin), would this indicate the wiring for both are exactly the same ?

I've used the same schematic for both versions of the amp. I've not noticed a significant difference between them other than the power tubes, everything else appears to be the same.

Comment

Here you go.

Comment

6AQ5/ 6V6

They are both beam power tubes.
        Different sockets.
        As far as plate, grid & cathode: functional equivalent.

Comment

Thanks for posting the schematic.

Whats with Transformer T3, this is unconventional for P-P output.

Does anyone know the spec on T3 primary & secondary impedances ?

Know I can see why they went to simpler 6v6 layout later on , no driver trans (T3)
          Last edited by electrochronic; 01-26-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

The driver transformer has nothing to do with the tube choice. You could use either tube with it. Transformer coupling is as old as tube amps. it is not used because a few resistors and caps are FAR cheaper than a transformer. And that is a major concern of amp makers. As to simplper, I'd say not much is simpler than just connecting a transformer to the grids.

AES sells a couple of them.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I thought the 6V6 version had the driver transformer too. It's a quirk that makes this little amp quite cool. It's a hopeless bass amp of course, but replace the speaker, and guitarists seem to love it. The transformer responds to overdrive differently than a RC coupled circuit.

Fender went through a "driver transformer" phase, maybe this amp was done by the same team as the 300PS, 400PS and that 160 watt PA thing.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I thought the 6V6 version had the driver transformer too.
                That is correct.

Comment

Working...
                X