Pre-Amp To Power Amp Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Amp To Power Amp Connection

I have two, separate amp heads: one designed for pedal steel and one for regular guitar. I use the power amp/speaker from one of the units (the other unit doesn't need a speaker - as its power amp is never used).

At the moment I have an A/B pedal arrangement which, using patch leads and the effect sends and returns, lets me easily switch either instrument into the power amp section of one of the units.

I would much rather do away with this leads/switch arrangement altogether and just leave BOTH pre-amps in cicuit, Loads of amps. have two or three separate channels, each with their own pre-amp. But how are the outputs of these pre-amps connected? - They couldn't be just commonned together. Could I maybe use some kind of resistor network which presents an acceptable impedance to the power amp's input, whilst preventing the pre-amps' outputs from connecting (due to the v.high impedance of the network's resistors)? Any advice much appreciated..... (This is my first time on this forum).

Mono summing network

Give this a peek.
    Stereo to mono summing network.
    Why Not Wye?

Comment

Working...
    X