Yellow Jacket Power Tube Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Jacket Power Tube Adapter

I am sure most of you veterans have seen the yellow jacket adapters? Please share your comments or experiences about them. Do they work.... work well?

Anyone try to make these type of adapters??? seen schematics or specs?

If it works ok... it looks like it would be a nice reversible solution for power tube modifications to factory amps.
    I am learning. My posts should not be considered as expert advice or suggestions for you to implement... on the contrary, I am looking for expert advice!

Being a big fan of EL84/6BQ5 amps, I was anxious to try those out. On one hand, they did a decent job of attenuating the overall power, and eliminated the need for a master vol. (I personally despise the sound of master-volume processed break-up), but if your hoping to, say, make a Twin Reverb sound like an AC-30, I think you'll be a bit disappointed. They don't really "Nail" the EL84 sound. FWIW, I've tried the Yellow-Jacketsas well as the one's made by Magic Parts/Ruby Tubes with similar results.
    Mac/Amps
    "preserving the classics"
    Chicago, Il., USA
    (773) 283-1217
    (cell) (847) 772-2979
    Now back on Chicago's NW side in Jefferson Park!
    www.mac4amps.com

Comment

I put a set in my Twin Reissue. VERY NICE once I changed the PI to a 12AU7. A little fine tuning on the preamp sections will really bring these to their potential. Not just a simple swap ... IMO

Comment

Working...
      X