Adding a relay switch for feedback loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a relay switch for feedback loop

I'm gonna install a pot in the feedback loop. I've tested it and it works great allowing me to dial in the distortion with the fdbk loop and low end gain from the pre gain knob and keep my sound tighter. Finally giving me the tone I want from this beast. I wanna install a relay to switch between that pot and either another pot allowing less feedback or a 1meg resistor. The purpose would be to have the pot(dialed in for distortion) running normally and be able to switch over to another pot or 1meg resistor allowing even more distortion and a volume boost basically functioning as a solo switch. I tried running off of an existing relay(K2) for the crunch button on the rhythm channel since I never use it but it won't work. I also tried tapping power and ground off of K2 and K3(relay for FXloop) but won't work either. Can someone help me setup an existing relay or a new one converting one of the buttons from the footswitch. Preferably the crunch button, like I said, I don't use it for anything else anyway. I don't know how to get power to the relay and make it actuate by using the footswitch. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Instructions and a layout would be awesome!!! Thanks a crap-ton in advance!!!

What amp are you working on and do you have a schematic for it that you can post?
    -Mike

Comment

Whoops! Forgot to name the amp. Sorry. Never posted a schematic before. Hope this works. Thanks Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Crap!!! Still forgot the name! It's a 6505+!

Comment

Hey, I've gotten the answers I was lookin' for. Straight from the man himself, James Brown, designer of the 5150 amp-dom. Incredibly nice guy. Has some other things underway also. Started another company called Amptweaker in case you haven't heard. He's got a new overdrive pedal he's workin' on called the "TightDrive". Seems very interesting. I'll have to check it out when it shows up in a store. I'm sure it will be awesome since he designed it. His site said he's into listening to what the customers want and suggestions are welcome. What better guitar amp and pedal company to deal with? If anyone else wants the info on the footswitch mod I'll pass it on if you PM me. Got some other cool tricks for 6505+ from a couple of other people on other forums.
          Thanks

Comment

Hey there Mike, you live here in good 'ol York, PA? I'm down here in Red Lion. It's funny, I post in here lookin for answers because I didn't really think there was anyone around here too knowledgeable about this kinda stuff. Only heard of two people that do mods, one guy in Harrisburg and another in Columbia.

Comment

Working...
            X