Moving panel switches to footswitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving panel switches to footswitches

So I'm building a vibro champ and it already has a jack for switching the tremolo on/off with a footswitch. Now, Ceriatone's "champ Ultra" has a switch in it for "tweed" mode which is just a tonestack lift, bypassing the treble and bass in the circuit.

What I want to do is have one footswitch that will have two buttons in it, one for tremolo and one for the "tweed" boost. How do I wire this in the amp itself? I already have the footswitch so what I'm wondering is what the jack will look like?

Thanks

FootSwitch

Look at the two circuits.
    If they both require a ground reference to work (or not work) then you can use a TRS 1/4" stereo jack.
    Tip to switch 1
    Ring to switch 2
    Ground on the other end of each switch.

Comment

you should put relays in the amp to do the switching job and the footswitch will just enable/disable the relay. it has to be done like this because it is not good for your signal to add unnecessary wires.
      you can use 12V or 6V relays and power them from heaters.
      add an LED and a resistor in parale to the switch for indication.
      hope this helps

Comment

If the 'tweed' switch just lifts the tonestack from ground, I don't think you need a relay. You want to avoid sending the signal out to the footswitch and back, sure, but from the bottom of the stack to ground there's not much signal.

Comment

Working...
        X