JCM 600 bias problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 600 bias problem

Customer brought in this JCM 600 that would power up, but no sound. Found a blown t500ma fuse and checked the power tubes. They were bad, so I replaced them with new and checked the bias. They are running at 50-52mv which after doing some quick math, I found that they should be running at about 35 or so. There appears to be a bias pot between the last 12ax and the first el34, but I can't see a screw slot to adjust it. It's labeled DB101 on the board, but on the schematic I have it should be labeled RV101. Plate voltage is at 489-490. Were these amps built with no bias adjustment or am I in the wrong place?

Try looking in the back of the amp by the test jacks on a little pcb board. They are hard to see,very small.

Oops edit: was thinkig of the 2000

Marshall Amps Info & SchematicsThis amp does not have a bias pot, and you'll have a hard time fitting .... See the Marshall Amps JCM600 page for more "official" information on the JCM600 amps. ... Rear jack PCB circuit diagram, TL-60-61-02 Issue 3, (Marshall, 1999).
    Last edited by Amp Kat; 01-31-2010, 12:30 AM.
    KB

Comment

There's no test jacks on the amp. I believe they are on the JCM2000 series. I had to use a bias probe to check it.

Comment

Originally posted by 01redcobra View Post
        There's no test jacks on the amp. I believe they are on the JCM2000 series. I had to use a bias probe to check it.
        Check this out

jcm600 bias pot symbol - Marshall Amp Forum
        KB

Comment

Make sure you are looking at the right part. DB on a Marshall refers to "diode bridge." So DB101 would in my mind refer to one of those little round bridge rectifiers.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yep, wrong part there. Found it hiding on the very corner of the board behind 2 radial caps. Duh! Couldn't see the forest for the trees. Thanks guys!

Comment

totally unrelated...

Enzo, tell me about this tube holder that you've got...please (I tried to see if you had a private email address, but couldn't find it)

Regards, Jared

Comment

Why don't you start a seperate thread so he will see it. I know he has an EL-84 derattler for the C-30 that is real nice.
                KB

Comment

Amen, please let's not stir Peavey tube rattle problems into a thread about a Marshall JCM600.

I turned off my email and PM buttons because too many people abused them. I do my best to help people on this forum, yet I still got tons of email expecting personal private repair lessons.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo, how can I get a look at theis tube holder of your's??

Comment

Do what Amp Kat suggested, start a thread.

Comment

done!

Comment

Working...
                        X