Help: Troubleshoot Crate GX 212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Troubleshoot Crate GX 212

So I have this old Crate GX 212 that my Dad bought me for christmas and my birthday one year. I've had this thing for at least 13 years. A while back it started terminally blowing fuses. I took it to one guy who fixed it and it was good for a couple of years, then it started blowing fuses again. The next guy who looked at it just returned it and didn't even charge me the bench fee; he sadly looked me in the eye and said, "I'm sorry, I don't think there's anything I can do for it." Its been in the garage for the last year, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it; my dad has since passed away and it's one of those things that I have left that I got from him, so it's really important to me to get it running again. I don't know jack about power amps and I guess I'm looking for any advice I can get as far as where I should start checking parts and how to do it. I know a lot about circuits and transistors and op-amps, I've got the tools and equipment to work on it, so if anyone thinks they can throw me a bone I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks.

These are not that high tech. I have no idea why a guy would tell you there was no hope for it. FInd another tech to take it to. Seriously, there should be no shortage of amp techs in the NY area.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

cool beans. Thats good to hear!
      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X