Hartke B200 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartke B200 schematic

Does anyone have a schematic for this amp? One of the output transistors is shorted. I'd like to check other components in this power amp. I'm looking also for a replacement for D2058 transistor (difficult to purchase in Europe).

Mark

I have no schematic maybe you could try here
    Sound Service GmbH - European Music Distribution
    and there are 87 x 2SD 2058's here
    GES GmbH - www.Electronicpool.de - obsolete or hard-to-find electronic components

Comment

Thanks. I will contact them but it looks like they have 14.5 Euro delivery fee. This is a little bit too much for one or two transistors.

Mark

Comment

I think the TIP31 (A, B or C) should be a reasonable sub for the 2SD2058.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanks Steve. I found even closer replacement: 2SD2061. But it's TO220 - with metal tab, while the original was TO220F - plastic. TIP31 is also TO220.

Mark

Comment

A long shot but I found some 2sd2058's in an Australian catalogue.
            Wagner Electronic Services
            They are approx $4.40 each australian dollars.
            I'm sure they won't charge $30 Au for postage.
            Probably send them via Kangaroo long hops !
            Send them an email and see if they will ship to you.
            There is a downloadable catalog.
            Otherwise Mouser etc in the States.

Comment

TO 220 metal tab

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
              Thanks Steve. I found even closer replacement: 2SD2061. But it's TO220 - with metal tab, while the original was TO220F - plastic. TIP31 is also TO220.

Mark
              If you use the metal tab transistor , make sure that you use a mica insulator & a plastic grommet on the mounting screw.

Comment

Contact Samson in New York, they will probably send you the schematic.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I did but so far no answer. Let's give them some more time.

Mark

Comment

I've got 2SD2061 transitstors and I found out that they do not have metal tab - it's TO220F package, so it's a direct replacement for 2SD2058. There was incorrect picture in the shop where I ordered the transistors. But I checked also few other transistors in the power amp and it looks like at least three other transistors are either shorted or open: C3198, A1266 and D600. The first two are Korean KSC and KTA but what is the last one? Is it 2SD600? Hard to find in google.

Mark
                    Last edited by MarkusBass; 02-03-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

K for Korean or 2 for Japanese, doesn;t matter.

2SD600, is a TO126, I believe. 100v, 1 amp 8w. Compliment to a 2SB631
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo. BTW, when are you sleeping?
                        I managed to find both Korean and Japanese version of the low power transistors but I cannot find 2SD600. This is again a transistor in a package without metal tab. Otherwise most probably I could use BD139 .

Mark

Comment

TO126 package. I bet an MJE243 would work. That has no tab, but does have the hole through it.

B&D shows them in stock B&D Enterprises - electronics, projection lamps for hitachi, sony, mitsubishi, panasonic, samsung
                          MCM shows them out of stock, expected in 45 days.

I am familiar with the part, I stock them here. Seems to me they are used in the power supply of some cassette decks. DOn;t recall where I last bought them, cassette repairs have slowed down lately...

My shop is open musician hours. We open 6:30PM and go home about dawn. I sleep days.

Comment

So what's the problem with using transistors that have metal tabs? Can't you just put insulating washers underneath them?

The plastic packages such as the isolated TO-220F are just for manufacturing convenience: they have a worse thermal resistance to heatsink than a regular TO-220 with a thermal washer. So that could be considered an upgrade.

The TO-126 doesn't have a tab, but it still has a bare metal bit underneath connected to the collector.
                            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

It's not a problem. But I always try to fix amp in the way that it is exactly the same as before the failure. Of course I have to balance time and cost. In this case I may use BD139.

Mark
                              Last edited by MarkusBass; 02-04-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X