Digitech Vocalist Live 4 Mic cut-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Vocalist Live 4 Mic cut-out

About to give up. OWn, and extensively use a Digitech Vocalist Live 4. I have a problem with the vocals mic going dead - no signal indicated by the Vocal Signal LED when this happens. Guitar thru still functions fine. I have taken the unit fro repair twice - on both occasions the tech advised he could not duplicate the problem. It's frustrating as this problem occurs EVERY time I use it playing out - sometimes right at power-up. Any thopughts? I sent a VL-2 to Digitech for repair - waited almost four months for repair. Live in the Detroit area.

Connectors?

I would check the XLR connector and make sure everything is tight and clean. You may try a few different cables as well with different connectors. (They will all be XLR male on that end, but some connnectors are made differently than others.) Bottom line, look for a snug one.

If you are using a condensor mic, try a dynamic mic to rule out phantom power issues.

Comment

Please try a different mic, any mic. And also please try a different mic cord. We need to rule out mics and cords before we look inside the unit.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i also own a Digitech Vocalist Live 4..good thing it serves me well..

Comment

Digitech Vocalist Live 4 is definitely a blessing for me.. i used it all the while since i started my voice lessons..
          Last edited by kurtdaniel; 04-18-2011, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X