Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 footswitch circuit needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 footswitch circuit needed.

I have a Peavey 400 Stereo Chorus that has it's foot switch in pcs. The customer wants LEDs in the switch. The schematic diagram I have shows no LEDs used in the 400. The switch I have (four switch: Chorus, Reverb, Lead/Crunch and Bypas/Clean) has holes for LEDs. I know the 212 version of the Stereo Chorus has LEDs in it's foot switch but I have no schematic for the 212 version. Also the 212 uses a 7 pin jack/plug where as the 400 uses a 6 pin. I was just going to order a switch from Fender for the 400 but they say they won't have any until next May. Thought I'd try to make the one I have work. Can anyone help me out?

Peavey Stereo Chorus FtSw

I don't think you will have enough wires with 6 pin plug.

Comment

Order a switch from Fender for the peavey???

The body of the footswitch is used for many models, the presence of LED holes doesn;t mean they will necessarily work in it.

Compare the circuits between the SC400 and the later one. Note the 15v supply to the pedal for the LEDs, the use of relays instead of CMOS logic.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

need SC212 schematic needed

The man has two PEAVEY amplifiers. One is the SC400. The other is the SC212. Both have foot switches. I have been able to find the manuals for both amps. Both manuals mention LEDs in the foot switches. I have been able to find a schematic for the SC400 but I have not been able to find a schematic for the SC212. The SC400 schematic shows no LEDs in the foot switch schematic. Was there perhaps another version that used a different approach to the foot switch circuit?

Maybe I've been confused because I keep trying to buy parts for Peavey's from Fender. I'll try to do better next time.

Comment

I have a Peavey Heritage VTX from 1985 that I bought used a few months ago. The amp did not come with a footswitch, so I called Peavey tech support and they sent me two diagrams so I could make my own. They also sent me detailed schematics on the amp's circuitry.

Whatever you do, for the love of all that is holy, don't order from VoodooMan Switches.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by redneckgeek View Post
          The man has two PEAVEY amplifiers. One is the SC400. The other is the SC212. Both have foot switches. I have been able to find the manuals for both amps. Both manuals mention LEDs in the foot switches. I have been able to find a schematic for the SC400 but I have not been able to find a schematic for the SC212. The SC400 schematic shows no LEDs in the foot switch schematic. Was there perhaps another version that used a different approach to the foot switch circuit?

Maybe I've been confused because I keep trying to buy parts for Peavey's from Fender. I'll try to do better next time.

Comment

You don;t need to "find" Peavey schematics, just contact customer service at the factory and ask for them.

The SC400 has LEDs on the control panel, and they will change when the footswitches are stepped on, But as far as I am aware there were never LEDs on the 400 FS itself. The SC400 owner manual refers to channel LEDs in the footswitch description, but it is referring to the ones on the amp control panel.

If you want LEDs on the floor, I am afraid you will have to invent something.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

floydman

Originally posted by redneckgeek View Post
              I have a Peavey 400 Stereo Chorus that has it's foot switch in pcs. The customer wants LEDs in the switch. The schematic diagram I have shows no LEDs used in the 400. The switch I have (four switch: Chorus, Reverb, Lead/Crunch and Bypas/Clean) has holes for LEDs. I know the 212 version of the Stereo Chorus has LEDs in it's foot switch but I have no schematic for the 212 version. Also the 212 uses a 7 pin jack/plug where as the 400 uses a 6 pin. I was just going to order a switch from Fender for the 400 but they say they won't have any until next May. Thought I'd try to make the one I have work. Can anyone help me out?
              i have had my 400 stereo amp for many years, and when i bought mine i had to have a guy in nashville make a new footswitch, mine came with led lights also, but you cant use the lights because the pin jack is too small, its only 6 pin and it requires 7 pin on the footswitch, the only option is try and test each switch mode with the extra wire and see which one works without interference , mine has led lights on the footswitch also. but i never tryed to hook them up . it will take someone with a lot of knowledge on wiring diagrams to see witch one will work , it may work, but you never know. until you get it hooked up and that could take some doing and time, because each switch mode has to be tested after it is hooked up, your going to have to use the led wire and splice it into the other switch modes one at a time and play the amp after each time you splice , if it cuts off the stero mode or the crnch mode or one of the other modes then you'll have to unhook the wire from that switch mode and try another switch mode, it will take time , but it might work, good luck , my amp is still in pristine condition and 100 per cent optimal playing and hasn't lost one ounce of juice, and my footswitch is also awsome. let me know . see ya.

Comment

Peavey sc400 footswitch circuit

Hello,

First timer here.
                I also was searching for the circuit.
                Easiest thing would be google, but unfortunately.
                Next thing was just an email to service@peavey.com
                They helped me within a day.

Here it is:

Have fun,
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool!
                  Thanks first timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                    Cool!
                    Thanks first timer.

Hi redneckgeek,

There are at least two versions of Stereo Chorus 212: made in 1989 with digital reverb and made in 1992 with analog reverb. I have both schematics. What exactly you need?

Comment

I could not download that diagram for the SC 400 foot switch. Could you send it to me, or re-post it?
                      Much thanks!

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...g-guide-95.pdf
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X