CS800 Proper Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS800 Proper Schematic

I've included a link to pictures of the beast. I have a couple of scats but have no way of telling if they are the right ones. The chassis has no serial number. Anyway, here's the link.

Schematics Photo Gallery - Photo 4 of 9 by Bob - MySpace Photos

By the way, Chan. A is dead. All voltages appear normal. When the driver board is swapped the problem stays with Ch. A. Heatsink assy. has no shorted transistors. I found no bad parts. Transistors on heatsink assy. have normal voltages, the best I can tell.

Peavey CS800

I had one of these awhile back .
    Dead channel.
    Turned out to be a shorted capacitor on the output board.
    Of coarse it was underneath.
    While you are in there resolder the power boards.
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 02-11-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Still have 2 CS800's and complete circuit diagrams/manual etc. I remember a few problems with these, I'll have a look in the archive (shed) for more info. Have you swapped over the heat sink assemblies as well. (problem could be in the volume cct if the problem is still in ch:A.)

Comment

That looks like a CS800 C series, with the pull for DDT on the volume pots. You can get that schematic from Peavey. Call or send them an email.

Comment

Turned out to be a shorted capacitor on the output board.Of coarse it was underneath.While you are in there resolder the power boards
          Yes, the underneath part. Thankyou. I will check that out. Resoldering the power boards seems a bit of a challange. There is a lot of path connected to the leads.

Comment

unicorn:

Have you swapped over the heat sink assemblies as well. (problem could be in the volume cct if the problem is still in ch:A
            Haven't swapped the heatsinks yet. I did change the op amp in the vol. ckt. board, and was getting signal out of the wiper of the vol. control. However, the signal looked slightly distorted.

Comment

[quoteThat looks like a CS800 C series, with the pull for DDT on the volume pots. ][/quote]

That could be potentially important information. Thanks. Now I can call Peavey.

Comment

Peavey CS800

Here is schematic for the CS400
                Good enough for government work.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's the "C" series schem.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok! Thanks everyone. Time to git this puppy fixed! goes on the block today

Comment

Ok! It's finally fixed! apparently I had inadvertently swapped out the CA-3904 in the volume control board, or it had been worked on before and someone else did it, but that chip had been replaced with an RC4558. No good! Put an NTE996 in its place and viola! Up and running!
                      Thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X