Bridge inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge inserts

I recently did a neck insert conversion and I just got my new bridge and I started thinking why not Bridge inserts?

anyone know?

What kind of bridge?

Unless you plan on unscrewing the bridge mounting screws there isn't much of a point. The insert is just like having a wood screw into the wood.

The idea with the neck inserts (or inserts for control cavity covers) is you can remove the neck at some point and not have to worry about the holes getting worn.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      What kind of bridge?

Unless you plan on unscrewing the bridge mounting screws there isn't much of a point. The insert is just like having a wood screw into the wood.

The idea with the neck inserts (or inserts for control cavity covers) is you can remove the neck at some point and not have to worry about the holes getting worn.
      Well I just replaced the bridge on my project bass last night and from the factory apparently there was a screw hole stripped out. I suppose you're right there's not going to be much removal of the bridge. but doesn't the neck inserts provide more clamping power? In any case I just doweled the old hole.

Thank you for the answer I like your basses wish I could afford them.

Comment

Working...
      X