Removing NFB loop on Laney VC15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing NFB loop on Laney VC15

hi, i haven't posted here much but i do browse the forums a fair bit and appreciate the amount of knowledge freely available from members who really understand their amp design

partly out of curiousity, i've decided to whip out the negative feedback loop in my Laney VC 15. was hoping to get a more subtle range between clean and output breakup, add springyness and maybe even a little extra aggressiveness (think Danny Kirwan on some of his solos with Fleetwood Mac). if any of you think this would be a bad idea for any reason (tonal or technical), i'd appreciate your opinion

i've attached the schems. as the circuit is on a PCB and quite cramped, i figured the easiest way to just test it (forgetting switches or pots for a minute) would be to cut the wire from the speaker jack to P33.

before i do this i would appreciate if any of you knowledgeable folk could give the schematics a look and let me know if you agree with me on cutting the wire to P33.

thanks in advance,

owen
    Attached Files

Yea that will work. I'm not sure if the 47K SM means it's surface mount, but lifting R62 will do the same thing.
    -Mike

Comment

i couldn't locate R62 when i nosed about the PCB - think it might be on the otherside of the board. knowing what a task it will be to get the board up i thought breaking the connection at P33 would be quicker.

thank you very much for the help - its good to get confirmation from someone who knows better than myself before diving in.

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X