Univox model 1221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Univox model 1221

Hey everyone! I am new here (obviously).

I have recently come across a Univox model 1221 head. It is a tube amp. I can't seem to find much information on it, other than it is in the B-group and is somewhat sought after. Also, that it is from 1969-1971. I am mulling over the idea of selling this amplifier eventually, and I am wondering if you guys could give me a ballpark estimate of its value? It is in exceptional condition aesthetically, and it works flawlessly as far as I could tell when I plugged in. I am no expert, so I am hoping one here could help me out.

Thanks in advance,
    Joseph

Cool amp! I have the U-1000, which feature-for-feature, is pretty much the 100 watt version of that guy. That particular logo and cosmetics seems to be the rarest of Univox amps that I've seen. I always understood that the B-group amps were the newer-logo'd, U-handle-top'd ones that came in black and blue with pull-out boosts and master volumes, but I don't know how different they all are internally. While all Univox guitars were made in Japan, I believe all of the amps were made in New Jersey by Unicord. These amps had the same heavy-duty transformers used in Marshall amps sold in the USA.

They're unique beasts and because they tend to have so much headroom for their output, probably best suited for bassists and guitarists that use pedals. My reverb/trem channel sounds very Fendery, while the lead channel is much brighter and much louder.

That said, I paid $300 for mine, and I've put another $200 in parts in labor to get it running perfectly.

Comment

Working...
    X