Fender Pro Tube Amp Completely Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Pro Tube Amp Completely Dead

I have a fairly new Fender Concert Reverb pro tube 50 watt amp. I was playing it today for about 1 1/2 hours and it went completely dead. I checked the fuses and both are OK. I tried plugging into another outlet and still no power at all. The pilot light doesn;t light up...nothing.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich...

Did you actually meter the fuses? Sometimes they can be bad but not look it.

The schematic shows a current inrush limiter - probably looks like a big version of a ceramic cap - I've seen those with broken leads or cracked solders at the PCB.

And how about checking continuity through the power switch? Sometimes they do go bad...

Comment

Did you check the speaker and it's connections?

Rob

Comment

Agree with above and there might be some more fuses inside. Most common problem is bad output tubes. The Sovtek or EH/Fender labeled 6L6['s/5881 have given me grief in the past . A shorted tube can cause the fuse to keep blowing until you get it outta there.
        KB

Comment

Mark,
          Thanks for your comments. I didn't actually meter the fuses. I'll do that and/or replace them and go from there. I'll also check the power switch.
          Thanks....Rich

Comment

That inrush limiter looks indeed like a large disc ceramic cap, except most of the ones I see look sort of dark and sandy. It is over by where all the AC wiring connects.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X