Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open resistors

Originally posted by plec.22 View Post
    Solved the faulty srm450 Gray older powered speaker with clip and thermal leds on...open circuit resistor within it's low 15+/- reg circuit a 10 ohm...

time for a tea break! Thanks to Jass p bass for schematic and pointer to the low rail voltages...
    Can you tell me the specific part no of the resistors? thanks

Comment

If you look at the low rail voltage regs check these for open Circuit.
      Experience comes with more understanding

Comment

Are these the two resistors in question that need replacing? I too have a No Power problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	R282 and R283.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	617.8 KB
ID:	845555

Comment

Nope. Those are not the resistors. The resistors that sometimes open are 10 ohm (I believe 1/4W if memory serves). Your unit may not have them if it's old enough.
          At any rate, you should check resistors before just replacing them.

Also, see post #13. If you can't find them, you can at least find out if you need to look for them.

Welcome to the place!
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Nope. Those are not the resistors. The resistors that sometimes open are 10 ohm (I believe 1/4W if memory serves). Your unit may not have them if it's old enough.
            At any rate, you should check resistors before just replacing them.

Also, see post #13. If you can't find them, you can at least find out if you need to look for them.

Welcome to the place!
            This is a V2, and thanks!

Comment

the 450 and 450V2 are two different amps. Realy, start a new thread for yours, it will be easier.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X