No announcement yet.

Sica Solid speakers from Antique Elec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sica Solid speakers from Antique Elec?

These things have been on clearance for forever and I still haven't found anything on a google search that leads me to believe anyone out there has purchased them.

Anyone?

At the current going rate it's worth buying them just to see if they're decent.

jamie

At a glance it looks like it shares a magnet with the Jensen JC12-70 and the basket with various other Sica speakers. I wish I knew what kind of cone was in the Sica Solid 12.

jamie

Comment

Wait, maybe they're no longer available. Sorry for the waste of a post and your time.

jamie

Comment

I think I still have a couple new ones left.
        A year or so ago I used two in a Twin Reverb and they sounded pretty good.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I'll follow up with a PM.

jamie

Comment

Sica is a very important factory, they make the modern Jensens under contract (among many other ones, including some very advanced PA ones) and I guess they apply that knowhow to a speaker line they can sell at will on their own. They must be very good, but "not having been used by Clapton/Jimi/Yngwie/Dimebag/..... /etc." is a big negative point in this Mojo-driven market.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

It's not a bad speaker. They're well made and worth the coin in my opinion. They sound like a C12K with more bottom end, tamer mids and a tad softer highs. I think they could use a little more doping but that's me.

Comment

Working...
              X