Orange 412 diy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

I was thinking about making and selling these but don't know if there would be enough interest.

Comment

I would absolutely love to buy one of your cabs !
      Of course I probably couldnt afford it, or else I would have already bought an Orange or an Emperor. . .

But if you have an old beater prototype laying around, lemme know for sure

(ok, i just joined and im already derailing threads, ill behave now, sorry.)

Comment

I bet I could build you a cab for much less than both orange and emperor....shipping may be a bitch though.

if you want me to crunch some numbers and see what i can build one for let me know.

Comment

Really like the matching pedal board! The cabinet looks great, also!

Comment

Originally posted by bradberry00 View Post
            I bet I could build you a cab for much less than both orange and emperor....shipping may be a bitch though.

if you want me to crunch some numbers and see what i can build one for let me know.
            pm'd !

Comment

that cab looks great! I kind of disagree though with the dimensions and such not effecting the sound. Look for example at the mesa boogie "Oversized" Cabs. they still have the same 4 speakers, v30's whatever. But sound a lot different, same goes with the old fender cabs, the smaller ones sound much different than the bigger ones even with the same speakers. I do have to say though your cab looks awesome! My grandfather is a master craftsman so I have his shop at my hands so I might try something like that as well, I like the fact that you stained it similar to the emperor cabs.
              Happiness. Only real when shared.

Comment

Brad, what is that SUNN head?

Comment

it is a Solarus....from the early 70s....I just picked up a '69 Sorado. Im going to rewire my cab to stereo and run both heads.

Comment

That cab looks great. I was wondering if anyone could post the dimensions of the 4x12 cab. It is out there somewhere but am having trouble finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

the cab above that i built it 31"w x 29"h x 15"d.....about anyway

Comment

mitch?!

Comment

bradberry, what kind of wood did you use? looks great with the finish!

Comment

baltic birch plywood with a solid maple front.

Comment

I might do a cab like this for my super reverb....... hmmm.....( Someone put it in a head cabinet before I got it, so I am putting it back into a combo even though its taking me forever haha ) I love how you used just plain plywood, I have always wondered what it would look like stained. Has a very cool industrial type look, while remaining a classic look at the same time. Super bad ass!

Comment

Working...
                              X