No announcement yet.

Custom Name Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet looking guitar too! What are the pickups?

JM: You asked about the nuts, and the front panel thickness. The first time I did this, I got bitten by that problem, and the nuts would just barely engage with the threads. Luckily the metal I used that time was only about 1.8mm.

The Deluxe was my second edge-lit build, and I just made the holes in the acrylic so big that the nuts would go down inside them and tighten against the metal. So there was no problem even though there was 3mm of metal and 3mm of acrylic. Then I installed all the pots before putting the acrylic on.

The LEDs are just ordinary 3mm high-brightness ones with clear cases.

I have the usual noise problem, living in an apartment I don't get to crank it up that often. I built it back when I was gigging with a band. I may be able to bring it into the studio at work to get some recordings.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

The guitar is a 1972 Les Paul Deluxe with the stock mini-humbuckers. The pickups have the embossed "Gibson" covers. A lot of folks routed their Deluxes for full sized humbuckers, but I left well enough alone.

Comment

Working...
      X