Clean Amp distortion problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Amp distortion problem?

Hi all I'm new to the forum but it seems likea great place to exchange amp info and build stuff. I have a Allen Accomplice thats driving me nuts it has a nasty overtone (Ghost note or a blatt) when picking hard thats really noticable when running it clean It really seems to stand out with a tele when doing country bends and stuff. I've checked all the resistors and caps, tryed different speakers and tubes and pretty much have been back and forth with this amp. I am starting to think it may be the OP tranny since nothing else seems to work. Has anyone had a problem like this with and amp? Thanks JK

Blatt tone

Is the blatt affected by the bass tone control?
    More bass, more blatt.
    The first input tube cathode is "typically" bypassed by a 25uf/50V capacitor.
    You could try lowering the capacitor value.
    15, 10 or 4.7Uf.
    The lower the value, the less bass is passed on to the next stages.

Comment

Thanks Jazz P went thoughn the amp today and did a overall check found a few resistors that had drifed upwards and some bad gounding. Also shortened one of the leads coming off the OT to the power tube which was a little long. The conbination seemed to do the trick amp volume, treble and clean headroom came and the blat was toned down quite a bit. There is a little bark left but I would attribute that to the Red Fang speaker. JK

Comment

Working...
      X