Behringer V-tone screwing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer V-tone screwing up.

Hi, i have a behringer V-tone GMX110, its a 30 watt amp.
    i have a problem with it, when i turn it up past 6 and strum a chord or play something, a horrible "farting" like noise comes out, then i pluged my Boss Fz-5 Fuzz pedal into it and it was constantly making crunchy farting noises, its really shit and is pissing me off, Could somebody Please help me!?!
    Peace

Disconnect its internal speaker, and connect the amp to some other speaker. How does that sound?

Plug your guitar into the INSERT RETURN jack instead of the regular input. Does that sound clear or still farty?

Plug the guitar into the regular input, and connect a cord from teh INSERT SEND jack to the input of some other amp and speaker. How does that send signal sound over there?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryBB View Post
      Hi, i have a behringer V-tone GMX110, its a 30 watt amp.
      i have a problem with it, when i turn it up past 6 and strum a chord or play something, a horrible "farting" like noise comes out, then i pluged my Boss Fz-5 Fuzz pedal into it and it was constantly making crunchy farting noises, its really shit and is pissing me off, Could somebody Please help me!?!
      Peace
      You asked the same question 2 months ago on Yahoo Answers and i responded there. Haven't heard from you ever since.

Behringer V-tone amp problem? - Yahoo! Answers

Comment

ankursamtaney thanks alot man for goin to the time to write that for me, sorry i didnt get around to getting back to you.
        it doesn't make any noise when i turn the knob then i get loud and play somthing and its a really loud "fart" immediately after the note i took out the speaker today to see if it has anything wrong with it but its perfect. so its something to do with the amp, i pluged my Boss Fz-5 fuzz pedal into it and only had it at 2 volume and it sounded awfull and wouldnt make much noise then loud gaps and crackles and was incredibly touchy.
        its pissing me off so much.

anyone wanna give me ruffly $5000 so i can invest in a Orange Head and Cab?
        Ahahaha

Comment

i took out the speaker today to see if it has anything wrong with it but its perfect.
          Are you expecting a bad speaker to LOOK different for some reason? You can't tell anything by just looking. You really need to connect a DIFFERENT speaker to this amp. That will tell you if the speaker is farting or the amp.

The other tests I suggested involving the insert jacks will help determine which half of hte amp has the p-roblem if it is indeed the amp at fault.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I agree with Enzo - just looking at the speaker will not help unless you're only checking for cracks or a tear in the cone. Won't be able to tell if the coil is burnt out (which can happen if you've driven more than you can through the speaker. i.e. an already-hot signal, with the gain set real high AND the master volume high too!)

Anyway, all this DIY investigation is never a bad idea, but since you've (clearly) been facing this problem since 2 months now, why don't you take it to the dealer you bought it from? How old is the amp, and is it still covered under warranty?

Comment

Working...
            X