Kustom theremin 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom theremin 1966

In 1966 Kustom produced a black tuck and roll Theremin. It is an exceedingly rare item. Mine has drifted out of tune. I was wondering if anyone happens to know the proper proceedure for tuning the coils?

Good luck.

Some possible suport:

Theremin World
    Theremin.info :: Welcome
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'd love to see a photo of you Kustom theremin.

Comment

Yes, I'd love to see what it looks like as well. I believe that there were less than 100 of these ever made.

Comment

I know nothing of this model. Since it was out of the ordinary for Kustom, could it have been made for them by someone else, and Kustom packaged it in their own enclosure? WHich could lead us to the documentation for the maker's other work.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Since it was out of the ordinary for Kustom, could it have been made for them by someone else, and Kustom packaged it in their own enclosure? WHich could lead us to the documentation for the maker's other work.
            I was thinking the same thing, like maybe it might be similar to one of the Moog models available at the time, such as the Melodia or Troubadour. There was a kit version of the Melodia, or you could roll you own with a magazine article by Robert Moog in the September 1961 issue of Electronics World. A scanned copy of that article is online here: Theremin.info :: A Transistorized Theremin (1961) - from the Theremin.info Archives , and it contains adjustment procedures that could possibly be adapted to the Kustom unit.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Working...
            X