Weather Strip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Strip?

I'm looking for some strip to put between my chassis and bottom plate as it vibrates. I've seen strip used in Fenders but cannot find the right stuff at the hardware store. Ideally it'll be more rubber than foam, 1/4" wide, and 1/16" thick.

I have some of what yer talkin' about but I don't know where it came from (was given to me). I use it for the "spring" under J/P bass p-ups and its the shit for that. Can't help ya bub.....but if you end up sourcing it lemme know where ya got it. This stuff's about 1/2" wide by a quarter tall.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

ok right on. I know the stuff you're talkin' bout... have some. It's too thick though. 1/4" is too much. Need 1/16".

Comment

I have used the 1/4" x 1/4" stuff from the hardware store for a different application. After a few months of being squished, it stays to about ~1/16" thick. The initial install will suck, but once it's compressed, you'll be good.
        -Mike

Comment

You could trim it down, or try some double sided sticky foam, that comes in a variety of thicknesses.

Comment

quack quack. duct tape

Comment

duct tape could work... little too ghetto though.

Comment

Foam Tape

Try McMaster Carr.
                McMaster-Carr

Comment

yep... found it there. little pricey though.

Comment

Working...
                  X