Peavey Transtube Supreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Transtube Supreme

I have a Peavey Transtube Supreme Head 100w, I don't use it very often, but I noticed one day " No Reverb " at all, I went through all my settings, still no reverb , everything else is fine ( Clean channel and Distortion ) what should I look for on the head ?

Look at the reverb pan first. Pull the pan out, and look inside it. There are two jacks on the side, with tiny wires going to the innards. Any of the little wires broken off?

Measure resistance across each jack. Is either end open?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

peavey transtube supreme

I don't have a tester to check resistance accross the jacks, but I took the Pan out for a visual inspection, The first thing I noticed was the Input tranducer was " Loose " and wobley....but the opposite output transducer was tight and snug........ so I plugged the head in to the speaker cab, to listen for the classic rattle, I could barely hear it, I noticed when my finger got closer to the output transducer, the humming got louder, but on the input side thats already loose, not humming effect with the finger near the transducer..........think it might be a bad input tranducer ? if so, would it be just as well to change out the entire Tank ?
      Thanks for your response

Comment

Peavey Reverb

I do not think the loose input coil is a problem.
        I usually , carefully, reglue them.
        Get yourself a meter & read the coil resistance of each end.
        If either is open, like Enzo said, it may be a loose wire.
        Touching the output coil should make it hum, the input coil will do nothing.
        With your new meter you should be able to see an AC voltage on the input, when a signal is applied to the amp.
        If it is a very low signal, then the drive circuit will need attention.

Comment

Thanks Jazz P Bass !
          Thanks for your expertise, I will try your recommendations !

Comment

Working...
          X