Rowe Jukebox CD 100 05-63 codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowe Jukebox CD 100 05-63 codes

Anyone here familiar with Rowe CD 100 Jukeboxes ??

Giving 05-63 codes meaning no rowelink communication between CCC and mech controller board. The rowelink LED on the CCC comes on solid instantly after the normal 3 flashes of the board failure LED on the CCC, the board failure LED on the mech controller also flashes 3 times then goes off as it should. 5 Volt status LED on mech controller is lit

I have taken the rowelink connectors loose from the CCC and there is never single flicker from the rowelink LED when powering, only on solid. All voltage status LEDs are lit.

I have reseated all connectors & inspected and touched up many of the stake connector pins but the solder appears fine, no black rings present.

Just hoping there is someone here with vending experience who may have worked with these.

Thanks,

I have decades of vending experience, but the CD boxes came after my time. There were plenty of Rowe black bozed before the CD era though, not that that helps you any.

Did you contact Rowe for some technical support? Do you have the service manual? I mean the serious service manual with board schematics and all, not the skinny manual.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The owner has the factory manuals & I found some other info on the web. Also I have contacted someone who repairs/reconditions Rowe boards and mechs. I found something to the effect that if the rowelink led was either off or on solid (not flickering) that it is the CCC & the board repair guy seemed to agree. I guess there are issues with a lot of the CCC units in these.

Thanks for the reply Enzo,

Hope this works out, will update the thread.

Comment

I guess there are issues with a lot of the CCC units in these.
        Always keep in mind the vast difference between "these fail a lot," and "WHEN these fail, it is usually this."

The full manual does have the board schematics. Have you explored the Rowelink circuits? COuld just have a broken connection or a bad link driver IC.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I ohmed out the 2 wire rowlink communication harness to the mech control and took the rowelink outputs from the CCC loose and the rowelink light never flickers only on solid. My intentions are to send both the CCC & the mech controller boards to a person in NH, He feels it is likely the CCC and is going to test the mech controller board as well. The guy who owns it found the CCC (last one left they said) and it was $300 the repair, testing and return shipping for the 2 boards should be about $115 and the repair has a 90 day warranty as well.

Comment

The bar owner sent the CCC and the mech controller to A&B Jukebox repair. After installing them back in the rowelink LED was flickering as it should and the box worked fine. They have a 90 day warr on repairs and had a very fast turnaround on the repaired board.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X