Behringer PMH2000 is Peavey XR-684F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMH2000 is Peavey XR-684F

Ohhh ok, so after studying the schematics i have found that the Behringer P2502 power amp board as used in the PMH2000 or PMX2000 which ever you prefer is the same circuit part for part for a Peavey XR-684F Behringer changed a couple of transistors for the output devices but the schematic layout is 100% identical.

SO, if you are working on a PMH/X2000 unit and need schematics. call Peavey! LOL! Love it...Behringer...what a bunch a ******'s

Zc

How do you know that Peavey might not be sourcing the module from Behringer? Hmmm???
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
      How do you know that Peavey might not be sourcing the module from Behringer? Hmmm???

Given Behringers past history...it's not likely...

However. I would give a slim chance to the fact that they both may be sourcing the units from some asian Mfg company. But the Peavey is a much better PCB layout etc. easier to repair.

Zc

Comment

The circuits are extremely similar, but the layout is totally different. Oh sure the two filter caps sit on the end of the board and there are two rows of TO247s, but clearly the boards are not of the same layout. PV has been making the 400SC since 1998. The P2502 looks to date from 2003.

part of Behringer's business model is they make everything themselves. They may steal the design, but they generally make all the stuff, other than the transistors and such, in their own plants. And knowing PV, if they are importing the 400SC boards, it would be from their own Chinese plant, rather than some third party.

And I do have to agree, the PV boards are nowhere near as big a pain in the ass to extract as the PMH2000 PA board.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X