No announcement yet.

Marshall 18watt or Bluesbreaker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is the 5E3 Area, there could be a 18 Watt area here.
    With and without EF86 Preamp Tubes.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I do have to point out this at the bottom of all 18watt.com pages...
      The 18watt site is run by unpaid, volunteer moderators, some of which have commercial interests in the guitar amplification business. They will all attempt to the best of their abilities to not interfere with commercial discussions. All messages on this forum express the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of 18watt.com and (or) its administrators. The 18watt.com forum will not be held responsible for the content of any messages posted on this forum.
      Whatever.

Comment

It would not take much effort, and not very long to get everyone over here, if you had the 18 Watt area.
        Everyone pretty much comes here to trouble shoot the 5E3 problems.
        It could be the same here in a short time, for small Marshall type amps.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
          I do have to point out this at the bottom of all 18watt.com pages...
          The 18watt site is run by unpaid, volunteer moderators, some of which have commercial interests in the guitar amplification business. They will all attempt to the best of their abilities to not interfere with commercial discussions. All messages on this forum express the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of 18watt.com and (or) its administrators. The 18watt.com forum will not be held responsible for the content of any messages posted on this forum.
          Whatever.
          Those words don't really say anything, now do they? They don't say that it's a non-profit site, or a public site, or a community owned site, like the previous Yahoo 18watt group. They conspicuously avoid disclosing what I found on the WhoIs search -- that 18watt is a privately owned site that's owned by someone who owns an amplifier company that sells 18 watt amps. It's an advertising vehicle for his business.

So what if he doesn't pay his moderators? I interpret that to mean that the guy who owns the site is too cheep to pay his moderators, and/or that his moderators are willing to work for free because they get to pimp their wares on the site.

I really wish that the jerkhole who locked-down the Yahoo 18watt Group would unlock it, so that people can:
          A) read several years worth of useful threads that remain hidden there;
          B) download the files that were stored there;
          C) have continuous access to a site that actually works, instead of being stuck with a site that is frequently down;
          D) can go to a site that isn't going to subject them to commercialized content.
          "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

There are lots of us who can diagnose most every problem a guy can have pretty fast, there should be ONE central amp building forum discussing all the things, although for the resurrection of an amp like the 18W that yahoo and forum was brutally important, and maybe something like a dumble would require that kind of thing, but really, it doesnt have to be that hard.

Comment

Working...
            X